Our top five tips for choosing the right mobile plan for your business
Many people in the UK already own a smartphone, which is expected to reach 54 million in the next few years.
There are several service providers in the UK, all offering different mobile phone packages, many of them are geared towards business. There is also a wide range of business mobile communications suppliers with a focus on building bespoke packages for business. The huge array of options can make it difficult to know if you are picking the right option, especially when it comes to selecting a plan for a business.
To help you navigate choosing the right business mobile plan, here are out top five tips.
1. Know Your Needs
When you are approaching a potential supplier it’s always useful to be aware of your business needs and how your users will actually use their phones. Some only need a phone to make calls; some may need to access emails, files or custom applications on the go. A few things to consider include:
- The types of calls your users will make. Do you call on mobile numbers or landline? Do you have to make international calls as well? All these factors need to be considered when considering a plan. A business may need to make calls all around the globe, but if you do not have an international reach, then you may not need a plan that offers international calling or international calling at discounted rates.
- Data is usually the most significant area of overspend for businesses, so choosing the right amount is vital. This is the era of the internet and many staff will need to be connected to the internet on the go to perform essential activities. A lot of us use our mobile devices to access emails which is why a plan that offers a good amount of data at a good speed would be a good choice.
Knowing your needs will help you to pick the right option but it can also help your potential supplier build a bespoke package that accurately reflects your usage which will ultimately save you money.
2. Look at a range of different providers and offerings
It is an important thing to look around and find all the options you have. You need to pick plans knowing your needs. In the first step, you found your needs. Now is the time to find providers that fit your criteria. While you can buy business mobiles directly from the network, we believe that you will get a better deal if you choose a supplier that deals directly with businesses. Many service providers will be willing to speak to you and answer your queries, so organising an exploratory call can be a good idea. Listen to them and make a list of options that you like.
3. Compare the plans
The next option is to compare the plans. Doing this manually can be quite a task, which is why you can ask a potential provider to offer you a range of options that could fit your needs so that you can compare different plans quickly and efficiently.
At Revolve Communications, we can offer a range of bespoke packages based on your requirements, it’s up to you to choose which is most suitable – we can help guide and advise you so you know that you are getting the most our of your mobiles.
4. Good things come in a bundle
Many providers offer a range of options for different businesses requirements and sizes, so make sure to let your provider know the type of extras you are looking for. Data bundles mean that a larger data package can be shared out among your users. They may also offer a bundle price that includes phone charges with other services, such as wireless internet. Data bundles can also save your business money, as preparing your user with the right amount of data to fit their needs can avoid costly out-of-bundle spend.
5. Ask about bolt-ons and account management
Make sure to be aware of all the perks your plan offers. For example, many providers offer special customer support to business clients such as account management and technical support. This offer can be of great help if you suffer any trouble with your service and can mean that issues are resolved with ease and minimal disruption to your end users. The best way to find out which bolt-ons or account management services a provider offers is to get in touch!
To find out more about developing a bespoke mobile package for your business needs, get in touch with our experience team who are ready to revolve your mobile communications around your business needs.
Article updated April 2023